Framed The Bloody Massacre (Boston Massacre), by Thomas Paine 1770Patriot Gear
- Proudly handmade in the USA
- Wood frame with mat, glass front, paper duster backing with wire hanger
- Top quality digital print (not printed on parchment like many of our offerings)
- Standard size frame measures approx. 24" wide x 20" tall
- Poster size frame measures approx. 36" wide x 30" tall
We currently offer two lines of frames:
- Solid Wood Frames: Country Black Frame (main photo) or Grey Barnwood.
- Eco-Friendly BonanzaWood® Frames: Pitch Black, White American Barn, or Montauk Boardwalk. These eco-friendly frames provide the finish, look, and longevity of solid wood, yet are constructed of millions of tons of residual wood which is collected, cleaned and milled to uniform-size particles and formed to shape under intense heat and pressure.
This is a reproduction Thomas Paine's 1770 engraving of the scene of the Bloody Massacre perpetrated in King Street Boston on March 5th 1770 by a party of the 29th Regt. On the right a group of seven uniformed soldiers, on the signal of an officer, fire into a crowd of civilians at left. Three of the latter lie bleeding on the ground. Two other casualties have been lifted by the crowd. In the foreground is a dog; in the background are a row of houses, the First Church, and the Town House. Behind the British troops is another row of buildings including the Royal Custom House, which bears the sign (perhaps a sardonic comment) "Butcher's Hall." Beneath the print are 18 lines of verse, which begin: "Unhappy Boston! see thy Sons deplore, Thy hallowed Walks besmeared with guiltless Gore." Also listed are the "unhappy Sufferers" Saml Gray, Saml Maverick, James Caldwell, Crispus Attucks, and Patrick Carr (killed) and it is noted that there were "Six wounded; two of them (Christr Monk & John Clark) Mortally."
This print was re-rengraved by Sidney L. Smith in 1908, and published by Charles Goodspeed.
MSRP:Was:Now: $599.76 - $649.76
MSRP:Was:Now: $219.76 - $259.76
MSRP:Was:Now: $299.76 - $349.76
MSRP:Was:Now: $129.76 - $149.76