Framed The Capture of the Hessians at Trenton by John TrumbullPatriot Gear
- Proudly handmade in the USA
- Wood frame with mat, glass front, paper duster backing with wire hanger
- Top quality digital print (not printed on parchment like many of our offerings)
- Standard size frame measures approx. 24" wide x 16" tall
- Poster size frame measures approx. 36" wide x 24" tall
We currently offer two lines of frames:
- Solid Wood Frames: Country Black Frame (main photo) or Grey Barnwood.
- Eco-Friendly BonanzaWood® Frames: Pitch Black, White American Barn, or Montauk Boardwalk. These eco-friendly frames provide the finish, look, and longevity of solid wood, yet are constructed of millions of tons of residual wood which is collected, cleaned and milled to uniform-size particles and formed to shape under intense heat and pressure.
This is a reproduction of John Trumbull's The Capture of the Hessians at Trenton, December 26, 1776 oil painting. The painting celebrates the important victory by General George Washington at the Battle of Trenton. In the center of the painting, Washington is focused on the needs of the mortally wounded Hessian Colonel Johann Rall. On the left, the severely wounded Lieutenant James Monroe is helped by Dr. John Riker. On the right is Major General Nathanael Greene on horseback.