- Proudly Made in the USA
- Solid Wood Frame with Mat, Glass Front, Paper Duster Backing with Wire Hanger
- Printed on antique parchment paper that goes through an 11 step process to give it an aged authentic look
- Frame measures 16 3/4" wide x 19 1/2" tall
- Font Size Approx. 24pt script
Our framed Thomas Jefferson's Canons of Conduct in Life is made in the USA with a solid wood frame, glass front, mat, paper duster backing and wire hanger. It is printed on antique parchment paper that goes through an 11 step process to give it an aged authentic look. Each paper is unique with characteristics such as (but not limited to), golden or yellow hues, crinkling, puckering.
Sent to his granddaughter Cornelia in 1811, when she was twelve years old:
- never put off to tomorrow what you can do today.
- never trouble another with what you can do yourself.
- never spend your money before you have it.
- never buy a thing that you do not want, because it is cheap, it will be dear to you.
- take care of your cents. Dollars will take care of themselves.
- pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold.
- we never repent having eat too little.
- nothing is troublesome that one does willingly.
- how much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.
- take things always by their smooth handle.
- think as you please, & so let others, & you will have no disputes.
- when angry, count to 10. before you speak; if very angry, 100.